International Case Manager
The Americans Overseas Domestic Violence Crisis Center, AODVC, and the Sexual Assault Support & Help for Americans Abroad Program, SASHAA, provide services to the 8.7 million Americans that live overseas, the 80 million Americans that travel overseas annually and the 450,000 military personnel and their dependents.
We are currently searching for an International Case Manager to join our team! Our Case managers are responsible for case management of highly complex, international sexual assault and domestic violence cases for American victims living and traveling in foreign countries. Case management services are delivered via an international toll free domestic violence/sexual assault hotline, 866-USWOMEN, crisis emails and live chat on the organization’s websites. The crisis center is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Please note this posting is for a full time Case Manager.
- Conduct case management over the national/international toll free hotline, by email and live chat
- Ability to conduct safety planning and lethality assessments
- Advocate on behalf of survivor with third parties, including attorneys and other social service providers in the USA and overseas
- Maintain statistics, case files and data on organization’s secure database
- Determine level of support services needed including emergency assistance, basic needs, danger to safety relocation, legal assistance, housing and/or counseling.
- Identify and develop client resources internationally and for outreach and education purposes
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of recent experience providing direct service to survivors of sexual assault or domestic violence either in person or over the phone including completion of a US state recognized sexual assault training program and or domestic violence program or equivalent education or combination
- One year of recent case management experience with survivors of sexual assault and/or domestic violence
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and internet research
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work alone and as a team
Nonexempt position with an hourly rate of $16.00 -$18.00.
Employer paid benefits include a health insurance plan with medical, dental, vision and RX coverage; Paid Time Off package; a robust Employee Assistance Program, a generous life insurance policy; long term disability policy; Simple IRA Retirement Plan with employer matching; and professional development opportunities.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “International Domestic Violence / Sexual Assault Case Manager” in the subject line.